Год издания: 2015
Автор: Marak V.
Издательство: Packt Publishing
Качество: Издательский макет или текст (eBook)
Интерактивное оглавление: Да
Количество страниц: 330
Описание: Windows OS is the most used operating system in the world and hence is targeted by malware writers. There are strong ramifications if things go awry. Things will go wrong if they can, and hence we see a salvo of attacks that have continued to disrupt the normal scheme of things in our day to day lives. This book will guide you on how to use essential tools such as debuggers, disassemblers, and sandboxes to dissect malware samples. It will expose your innards and then build a report of their indicators of compromise along with detection rule sets that will enable you to help contain the outbreak when faced with such a situation.
We will start with the basics of computing fundamentals such as number systems and Boolean algebra. Further, you'll learn about x86 assembly programming and its integration with high level languages such as C++.You'll understand how to decipher disassembly code obtained from the compiled source code and map it back to its original design goals.
By delving into end to end analysis with real-world malware samples to solidify your understanding, you'll sharpen your technique of handling destructive malware binaries and vector mechanisms. You will also be encouraged to consider analysis lab safety measures so that there is no infection in the process.
Finally, we'll have a rounded tour of various emulations, sandboxing, and debugging options so that you know what is at your disposal when you need a specific kind of weapon in order to nullify the malware.
What You Will Learn
- Use the positional number system for clear conception of Boolean algebra, that applies to malware research purposes.
- Get introduced to static and dynamic analysis methodologies and build your own malware lab
- Analyse destructive malware samples from the real world (ITW) from fingerprinting and static/dynamic analysis to the final debrief
- Understand different modes of linking and how to compile your own libraries from assembly code and integrate the codein your final program
- Get to know about the various emulators, debuggers and their features, and sandboxes and set them up effectively depending on the required scenario
- Deal with other malware vectors such as pdf and MS-Office based malware as well as scripts and shellcode
1: Down the Rabbit Hole
2: Dancing with the Dead
3: Performing a Séance Session
4: Traversing Across Parallel Dimensions
5: Good versus Evil – Ogre Wars