Год издания: 2016
Автор: Mishra C.
Издательство: Packt Publishing
Качество: Издательский макет или текст (eBook)
Интерактивное оглавление: Да
Количество страниц: 308
Описание: Wireshark is a popular and powerful tool used to analyze the amount of bits and bytes that are flowing through a network. Wireshark deals with the second to seventh layer of network protocols, and the analysis made is presented in a human readable form.
Mastering Wireshark will help you raise your knowledge to an expert level. At the start of the book, you will be taught how to install Wireshark, and will be introduced to its interface so you understand all its functionalities. Moving forward, you will discover different ways to create and use capture and display filters. Halfway through the book, you’ll be mastering the features of Wireshark, analyzing different layers of the network protocol, looking for any anomalies. As you reach to the end of the book, you will be taught how to use Wireshark for network security analysis and configure it for troubleshooting purposes.
What You Will Learn
- Install Wireshark and understand its GUI and all the functionalities of it
- Create and use different filters
- Analyze different layers of network protocols and know the amount of packets that flow through the network
- Decrypt encrypted wireless traffic
- Use Wireshark as a diagnostic tool and also for network security analysis to keep track of malware
- Troubleshoot all the network anomalies with help of Wireshark
- Resolve latencies and bottleneck issues in the network
1: Welcome to the World of Packet Analysis with Wireshark
2: Filtering Our Way in Wireshark
3: Mastering the Advanced Features of Wireshark
4: Inspecting Application Layer Protocols
5: Analyzing Transport Layer Protocols
6: Analyzing Traffic in Thin Air
7: Network Security Analysis
9: Introduction to Wireshark v2