Год выпуска: 2009
Автор: William von Hagen
Издательство: Wiley Publishing
Качество: eBook (изначально компьютерное)
Количество страниц: 1583
Описание: Bring yourself up to date on everything you need to know about Ubuntu Linux The Ubuntu Linux Bible covers all of the latest developments in version 8.10 and 8.04, including tips for newcomers as well as expert guidance for seasoned system administrators. Learn about topics like the Gnome Desktop, the Bash shell, virtual machines, wireless networking, file sharing, and more.
Everything you need to know about Ubuntu and then some!
It's the hottest Linux distribution out there and now you can join the excitement, with Ubuntu 8.10 and this information-packed guide. Want to view Flash files? Filter incoming mail? Rip audio CDs? Connect to Windows, FTP servers, or other systems? Learn all this and much more with the expert guidance, tips, and techniques in this complete Ubuntu reference. From the basics for newcomers to enterprise management for system administrators, it's what you need to succeed with Ubuntu.
- Master Ubuntu fundamentals for desktop and networks
- Send e-mail, share files, edit text, and print
- Store personal files in private, encrypted folders
- Explore the Gnome Desktop, add widgets, and create themes
- Work with the Bash shell and the command line
- Set up Web, mail, print, Samba, NFS, and other servers
- Create virtual machines, go wireless, and set up Wi-Fi
Доп. информация: Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.