Автор: Christopher Negus, Francois Caen
Издательство: Wiley Publishing, Inc.
Качество: Изначально компьютерное (eBook)
Количество страниц: 363
Описание: Aimed squarely at aspiring Linux power users and professional administrators, the Ubuntu Linux Toolbox offers more than 1000 examples of useful Linux command lines.
This compact, handy reference is made to carry with you, whether you are maintaining hundreds of Linux systems or just want to dig beneath the surface of your Ubuntu desktop system.
This is the Linux reference book you need to step up to the next level.
* Ubuntu (oo-Boon-too), meaning "sharing," is a Debian-based, free Linux operating system that was named Linux Distribution of the Year by LinuxWorld and has been praised by numerous other outlets
* This book teaches uninitiated and advanced users how to get the most out of Ubuntu Linux; its compact size and concise information assures that the reader can quickly solve problems and perform tasks whether on the go with a laptop or at a desktop
* Provides a focused approach that is geared toward getting readers up and running as fast as possible and then moves quickly into the most popular topics including popular applications for the Web, productivity suites, and e-mail; setting up a server (Apache, Samba, CUPS); and security
2. Installing Ubuntu and Adding Software.
3. Using the Shell.
4. Working with Files.
5. Manipulating Text.
6. Playing with Multimedia.
7. Administering File Systems.
8. Backups and Removable Media.
9. Checking and Managing Running Processes.
10. Managing the System.
11. Managing Network Connections.
12. Accessing Network Resources.
13. Doing Remote System Administration.
14. Lock Down Security.
Appendix A. Text Editing Reference (vi).
Appendix B. Shell Metacharacters and Shell Variables.
Appendix C. Getting Information from/proc.