- Сообщения: 22944
- Зарегистрирован: 13 янв 2016, 22:10
Год выпуска: 2008
Автор: Dennis Hartmann
Издательство: Cisco Press
Качество: eBook (изначально компьютерное)
Количество страниц: 547
Описание: Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1 (CIPT1) (Authorized Self-Study Guide)
Foundation learning for CIPT1 exam 642-446
Dennis Hartmann, CCIE® No. 15651
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1 (CIPT1), is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCVP® foundation learning. This book provides the knowledge necessary to install, configure, and deploy a Cisco Unified Communications solution based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, the call routing and signaling component of the Cisco Unified Communications solution. By reading this book, you will gain an understanding of deploying a Cisco Unified Communications Manager to support single site, centralized, distributed, and hybrid call processing models.
This book focuses on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.x. You will learn how to install and configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager, power over Ethernet switches, and gateways using MGCP. You will also learn how to build a scalable dial plan for on-net and off-net calls. The dial plan chapters of the book cover call routing, call coverage, digit manipulation, class of service, and call coverage components. This book will teach you how to implement media resources, LDAP directory integration, and various endpoints including Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). Cisco Unified Video Advantag endpoint configuration is covered, in addition to, Cisco Unity® voice mail integration and basic voice mail box creation. Various user features are discussed including Presence.
Whether you are preparing for CCVP certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager fundamentals, you will benefit from the foundation information presented in this book.
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1 (CIPT1), is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
Dennis J. Hartmann, CCIE® No. 15651 is a lead Unified Communications instructor at Global Knowledge. Dennis has been working with CallManager since CallManager 2.0. Dennis has various technical certifications: CCIE No. 15651, CCVP, CCSI, CCNP®, CCIP®, and MCSE. Dennis has worked with various Fortune 500 companies including AT&T, Sprint, Merrill Lynch, KPMG, and Cabletron Systems.
* Understand Cisco Unified Communications Manager architecture and components
* Evaluate Cisco Unified Communications Manager deployment models
* Install, upgrade, and administer Cisco Unified Communications Manager
* Apply network configuration, NTP, and DHCP configuration options
* Configure and manage user accounts
* Deploy various Cisco Unified IP Phones
* Configure Catalyst® switches for power over Ethernet and voice VLAN requirements
* Harden IP Phones to mitigate security risks
* Configure Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) gateways
* Configure dial plans, call routing, and digit manipulation
* Deploy various media resources and user features
* Integrate Cisco Unity Voicemail with Cisco Unified Communications Manager
* Configure video-enabled IP Phones
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press®. Books in this series provide officially developed self-study solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.
Category: Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6
Covers: CIPT1 exam 642-446