Автор: Frank Cardulla \ Франк Кардулла
Издательство: The Teaching Company
Продолжительность: 30 лекций по 30 минут
Описание: Лекции по химии для средней школы.
01. Introduction and Philosophy.avi
02. Quantitative Reasoning in Life and Chemistry (Part I).avi
03. Quantitative Reasoning in Life and Chemistry (Part II).avi
05. The SI (Metric) System of Measurement.avi
06. Converting between Systems of Measurement.avi
07. The Mole Concept - Preliminary Ideas.avi
08. The Mole.avi
09. Solving Mole Problems.avi
10. Avogadro's Hypothesis and Molar Volume.avi
11. Percent Composition and Empirical Formulas.avi
12. Solving Empirical Formula Problems.avi
13. Writing and Balancing Chemical Equations.avi
14. An Introduction to Stoichiometry.avi
15. Stoichiometry Problems.avi
16. Advanced Stoichiometry.avi
17. An Introduction to Molarity.avi
18. Solving Molarity Problems.avi
19. Additional Molarity Problems.avi
20. Basic Concepts of Chemical Equilibrium (Part I).avi
21. Basic Concepts of Equilibrium (Part II).avi
22. Interpreting an Equilibrium Constant.avi
23. Le Chatelier's Principle (Part I).avi
24. Le Chatelier's Principle (Part II).avi
25. An Introduction to Equilibrium Problems.avi
26. The Self-Ionization of Water.avi
27. Strong Acids and Bases (Part I).avi
28. Strong Acids and Bases (Part II).avi
29. Weak Acids and Bases.avi
30. Solubility Equilibria.avi
Chemistry teachers will tell you that there is an experience they have all had many times. Someone will ask them, "What do you do for a living?" and when they reply, "I'm a chemistry teacher," the all-too-common response is: "That was my worst subject!"
Why is that? Is high school chemistry just so intrinsically difficult that only students with great intellectual gifts are capable of succeeding without heroic efforts?
Frank Cardulla doesn't believe that for a moment, and he will hopefully convince you, as he has thousands of high school students, that "chemistry is the easiest class in school."
The Teaching Company was founded in 1990 by Thomas M. Rollins, former Chief Counsel of the United States Senate Committee on Labor and Human Resources.
Years earlier, as a Harvard Law School student, Rollins had an unforgettable experience that opened his eyes to the extraordinary power of a great lecturer captured on tape.
Rollins was facing an important exam in the Federal Rules of Evidence but was not well prepared. He managed to obtain videotapes of 10 one-hour lectures by a noted authority on the subject, Professor Irving Younger.
"I dreaded what seemed certain to be boring," Rollins says. "I thought that few subjects could be as dull as the Federal Rules of Evidence. But I had no other way out."
Rollins planted himself in front of the TV and played all 10 hours nearly non-stop. The lectures, he says, "were outrageously insightful, funny, and thorough." Watching Professor Younger's lectures was one of Rollins's best experiences as a student.
Rollins made an "A" in the course. And he never forgot the unique power of recorded lectures by a great teacher.
After many years of government service, Rollins founded The Teaching Company in 1990 to ignite people's passion for lifelong learning by offering great courses taught by great professors.
Видео кодек: XviD
Аудио кодек: MP3
Видео: 448 х 320, 29.97fps
Аудио: 48KHz Stereo 100 kbps