Автор: Michael Starbird
Продолжительность: 24 лекции по 30 минут
Описание: Meaning from Data: Statistics Made Clear is your introduction to a vitally important subject in today's data-driven society. In 24 half-hour lectures, you will explore the principles and methods that underlie the study of statistics. You have probably heard such terms as mean, median, percentile, quartile, statistically significant, and bell curve, and you may have a rough idea of what they mean. This course sharpens your understanding of these and scores of other statistical concepts and shows how, properly used, they can extract meaning from data.
1. Describing Data and Inferring Meaning
2. Data and Distributions—Getting the Picture
3. Inference—How Close? How Confident?
4. Describing Dispersion or Measuring Spread
5. Models of Distributions—Shapely Families
6. The Bell Curve
7. Correlation and Regression—Moving Together
8. Probability—Workhorse for Inference
9. Samples—The Few, The Chosen
10. Hypothesis Testing—Innocent Until
11. Confidence Intervals—How Close? How Sure?
12. Design of Experiments—Thinking Ahead
13. Law—You’re the Jury
14. Democracy and Arrow’s Impossibility Theorem
15. Election Problems and Engine Failure
16. Sports—Who’s Best of All Time?
17. Risk—War and Insurance
18. Real Estate—Accounting for Value
19. Misleading, Distorting, and Lying
20. Social Science—Parsing Personalities
21. Quack Medicine, Good Hospitals, and Dieting
22. Economics—“One” Way to Find Fraud
23. Science—Mendel’s Too-Good Peas
24. Statistics Everywhere
Аудио: MPEG Audio MP3