Автор: William Kloss \ Вильям Клосс
Издательство: The Teaching Company
Продолжительность: 48 лекций по 30 минут
Описание: 48 лекций о развитии искусства в Европе от средневековья до наших времен.
1. Approaches to European Art
2. Carolingian and Ottonian Art
3. Romanesque Sculpture and Architecture
4. Gothic Art in France
5. Gothic Art in Germany and Italy
6. Giotto and the Arena Chapel�Part I
7. Giotto and the Arena Chapel�Part II
8. Duccio and the Maest�
9. Sienese Art in the 14th Century
10. The Black Death and the International Style
11. Early Renaissance Sculpture in Florence
12. Early Renaissance Architecture in Florence
13. Masaccio and Early Renaissance Painting
14. Jan van Eyck and Northern Renaissance Art
15. Northern Renaissance Altarpieces
16. Piero della Francesca in Arezzo
17. Sandro Botticelli
18. Andrea Mantegna and Giovanni Bellini
19. High Renaissance Painting in Venice
20. The High Renaissance�Leonardo da Vinci
21. The High Renaissance�Raphael
22. The High Renaissance�Michelangelo
23. Albrecht D�rer and German Renaissance Art
24. Riemenschneider and Gr�newald
25. Netherlandish Art in the 16th Century
26. Pieter Bruegel the Elder
27. Mannerism and the Late Work of Michelangelo
28. Annibale Carracci and the Reform of Art
30. Italian Baroque Painting in Rome
31. Gian Lorenzo Bernini
32. Peter Paul Rubens
33. Dutch Painting in the 17th Century
35. Poussin and Claude�The Allure of Rome
36. Baroque Painting in Spain
37. Louis XIV and Versailles
38. French Art in the 18th Century
39. Neoclassicism and the Birth of Romanticism
40. Romanticism in the 19th Century
41. Realism�From Daumier to Courbet
42. Manet and Monet�The Birth of Impressionism
43. Monet and Degas
44. Renoir, Pissarro, and C�zanne
45. Beyond Impressionism�From Seurat to Matisse
46. Cubism and Early Modern Painting
47. Modern Sculpture�Rodin and Brancusi
48. Art between Two Wars�Kandinsky to Picasso
The development of the arts in Europe from the Middle Ages to the modern era is an astonishing record of cultural achievement, from the breathtaking architecture of Gothic cathedrals to the daring visual experiments of the Cubist painters.
We all have our favorite artists, periods, or styles from this immensely rich tradition, but how many of us truly know the full sweep of European art? How many of us can connect the dots of influences and inspiration that link the Renaissance with Mannerism, or that tie the paintings of the creator of modern art, Edouard Manet, to masterpieces from centuries earlier?
A History of European Art is your gateway to this visually stunning story. In 48 beautifully illustrated lectures you will encounter all the landmarks you would expect to find in a comprehensive survey of Western art since the Middle Ages. Works such as Giotto's Arena Chapel, Van Eyck's Ghent Altarpiece, Leonardo's The Last Supper, Michelangelo's David, Vermeer's View of Delft, Van Gogh's The Starry Night, Picasso's Guernica, and hundreds more.
You will also find works that are completely new to you. Plus you'll be introduced to lesser-known artists�perhaps names you've heard but never connected to specific works�and you'll understand why they deserve to be classed among the great masters.
The Teaching Company was founded in 1990 by Thomas M. Rollins, former Chief Counsel of the United States Senate Committee on Labor and Human Resources.
Years earlier, as a Harvard Law School student, Rollins had an unforgettable experience that opened his eyes to the extraordinary power of a great lecturer captured on tape.
Rollins was facing an important exam in the Federal Rules of Evidence but was not well prepared. He managed to obtain videotapes of 10 one-hour lectures by a noted authority on the subject, Professor Irving Younger.
"I dreaded what seemed certain to be boring," Rollins says. "I thought that few subjects could be as dull as the Federal Rules of Evidence. But I had no other way out."
Rollins planted himself in front of the TV and played all 10 hours nearly non-stop. The lectures, he says, "were outrageously insightful, funny, and thorough." Watching Professor Younger's lectures was one of Rollins's best experiences as a student.
Rollins made an "A" in the course. And he never forgot the unique power of recorded lectures by a great teacher.
After many years of government service, Rollins founded The Teaching Company in 1990 to ignite people's passion for lifelong learning by offering great courses taught by great professors.
Видео кодек: Другой MPEG4
Аудио кодек: AAC
Видео: 320 х 240, 29.97fps
Аудио: 44100 Hz Stereo 81 kbps